Comments Invited on Recommended Changes to Volume 2 of the TNI Field Standards
Webinar to be Held March 15, 2022 at 11am EST
The TNI Field Activities Expert Committee (FAC) has reviewed Volume 2 of the 2014 TNI Field Standards (General Requirements for Accreditation Bodies Accrediting Field Sampling and Measurement Organizations). The purpose of the review was to determine if there were any needed changes/improvements to the current Standard. One major change to the Standard will include the shift from ISO/IEC 17011:2004 language to ISO/IEC 17011:2017 language. The Committee will be holding a public webinar for feedback on Committee suggested changes/improvements and to gather input on other improvements that can be made to Volume 2 of the 2014 TNI Field Standards.
Webinar: March 15, 2022, 11am - 1pm EST (Tuesday)
To register for this Webinar, email Ilona Taunton and request an invitation to register. There is no registration cost for this meeting. A summary of possible changes/improvements to the Standard can be found at the following links:
Summary of Suggested Changes (Microsoft Word)
Additional Text of Changes (Microsoft Word)
Written comments regarding these documents are welcome and asked to be submitted within thirty (30) days of the public webinar (due April 7, 2022). Comments may be submitted whether you attend the webinar or not. Keep reading, below my signature, for instructions from Marlene Moore for commenting on Volume 2 of the Field Standards. Please contact Ilona Taunton or Marlene Moore (Vice-Chair, FAC) with any questions. Sincerely, Ilona Taunton The NELAC Institute ***
Instructions from Marlene Moore to comment on Volume 2 of the Field Standards: There are two documents linked above. One is a table of proposed changes and the other is a language document that has additional text that did not fit into the table. You will need both documents to complete you review.
The table is organized into several separate tables:
1. OVERVIEW of changes – summary of what was changed.
2. PUBLIC INPUT SOUGHT – items where the committee is requesting input. Discussion in public meeting. (See attached language document where large sections are presented.)
3. RETAINED FSMO Language 2014 and ISO/IEC 17011:2004 (Deleted language in attached) – Seeking input on need to retain since similar language in ISO/IEC 17011:2017.
4. ADDED Environmental Laboratory (EL) Standard language or modified from proposed New draft EL Standard – Seeking input on need to add this language
5. MISCELLANEOUS includes minor changes or deleted 17011:2004 language and FSMO language – Seeking input on minor changes or deleted language from 2014 FSMO. Please contact Ilona Taunton or Marlene Moore (Vice-Chair, FAC) with any questions.